Los Angeles State College, San Fernando Valley Branch (now CSUN), aerial view, looking northwest, 1956. Intersection of Zelzah and Nordhoff in the foreground. From the CSUN Profile and History web page: "In fall 1956, the San Fernando Valley campus of the Los Angeles State College of Applied Arts and Sciences (later Cal State Los Angeles) was established on the present Northridge site. Soon after, the state Legislature passed Assembly Bill 971, which provided for the campus to separate from its parent college. On July 1, 1958, the founding date of the present university, the institution became San Fernando Valley State College, with about 3,300 students and 104 faculty. On June 1, 1972, the college was renamed California State University, Northridge, by action of the state Legislature and the Board of Trustees of the California State University." Black and white photograph, 8 x 10 in.
This resource is made available for educational purposes. Commercial use of works that are not in the public domain is strictly prohibited by law without prior written consent from the copyright holder(s). The responsibility for the use of these materials rests exclusively with the user.