This is the nameplate of the San Fernando Valley State College (SFVSC, now CSUN) Library. The original library constructed on the SFVSC campus was located in the southwest portion of the campus, east of the original Fine Arts building, and was completed in 1959. In 1972 construction of a new facility, the Delmar T. Oviatt Library, was begun. At this time, the original library became known as the "South Library" as it was south of the new building. The original library was demolished following the 1994 Northridge Earthquake. Nameplate, 15 (height) x 30 (length) in.