Eberhardt Rechtin, President and CEO of The Aerospace Corporation (1977-1987). His career also included CalTech's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1948-1967), and the Department of Defense, including a stint as Assistant Secretary for Telecommunications. Rechtin left Aerospace to found the systems architecture graduate program at the University of Southern California. It was The Aerospace Corporation that built and manned the San Fernando Observatory in Sylmar, which was then gifted to California State University, Northridge in 1976 (see item UA00778 in this collection). Black and white photograph, 5 x 7 in.