Program for the groundbreaking ceremony of the Woodland Hills Community Church and Community Center at 21338 Dumetz Road, December 5, 1948. The Woodland Hills Church and Community Center was established in the mid-1940s by retired pastor Rev. Ellsworth Smith to provide a meeting place for local community organizations such as the Boy Scouts, Woodland Hills Chamber of Commerce and a church. In 1947, four lots at the corner of Dumtez Road and Canoga Avenue were purchased for this purpose. The land contained several former army barracks that were refurbished and used until the funds were raised for a permanent church and community center. Cover of 4 page program. Page 1 of 3 scanned. Program, 10 x 6.5 in.