Copy of a letter to Clarence Smith, President of the Tarzana Chamber of Commerce from the Tarzana Woman's Club regarding the purchase of a stove by the Club to be used in the new community building being constructed by the Chamber, February 28, 1951. On Tarzana Woman's Club letterhead. In 1950, the Tarzana Chamber of Commerce obtained property located at 20040 Redwing Street that included a vacant clubhouse, formerly known as the St. Andrews Golf Club. The Chamber began renovations but needed more funding to complete the project. The Tarzana Woman's Club volunteered to contribute on the condition that both organizations would share the expenses and use of the building. In the late 1950s, that area of Tarzana was rezoned as Woodland Hills. By that time, property values had increased so much that the organizations were forced to sell the property due to increased taxes and maintenance costs. Letter, 11 x 8.5 in.