Exterior view of the new Central Library. Opening day was in July of 1963. There were two other library buildings prior to the new building. The first library building was constructed in 1913 and it was located on the corner of San Fernando Boulevard and Olive Avenue. A new main library building was constructed in 1935 and it was located where the new main library is located today. Between 1913 and 1938 the library was operated by the County of Los Angeles Library Service and in 1938 the Burbank Public Library became a city department. Today there are a total of 3 libraries in Burbank with 130,000 patrons registered and 650,000 items are circulated by the library system each year. They have a Western Americana collection consisting of books which deal with the history of the western states, primarily focused on California. The Central Library is located at 110 N. Glenoaks Blvd. General Information: (818) 238-5600. There are two other branches. One is the Buena Vista Branch located at 401 N. Buena Vista. Phone: (818) 238-5620 and the other is the Northwest Branch located at 3323 W. Victory Blvd. Phone: (818) 238-5640. 10 x 7 in. black and white photograph.