Opening day festivities for the new town of Owensmouth at the Janss Investment Company real estate sales office, March 30, 1912. In 1912, land that comprised the former Workman ranch was purchased by the Los Angeles Suburban Homes Company and subdivided. The new community was named Owensmouth in anticipation of water being brought from the Owens Valley via Mulholland's aqueduct. The name was changed to Canoga Park in 1931. Photographers: Putnam & Valentine. Hand-colored lantern slide, 4 x 3.5 in.