This adobe house and land was once owned by Pedro and Francisco Lopez, who held the Mexican Land Grant of Rancho Tujunga in 1840. Under the Spanish land grant system, one had to build a house during the first year of ownership. This house was built on the banks of the Little Tujunga River, which is a seasonal river. Note: Francisco Lopez later discovered gold in Placerita Canyon. Writer, director, and actor Cecil B. DeMille once owned this property during the 1940's. Donor: Viola Carlson. 10 x 8 in. Black and white photograph.