Restored bake oven behind the Leonis Adobe. The Leonis Adobe was the home of Miguel Leonis, owner of the old El Escorpion Ranch, and his wife Espiritu Chujilla Leonis. The Adobe was originally built around 1844 and in 1880, Leonis extensively enlarged and remodeled the house. On May 21, 1966, the Leonis Adobe was formally opened to the public. On May 29, 1975, the Leonis Adobe was entered on the National Register of Historical Places. The Leonis Adobe is located at 23537 Calabasas Road, Calabasas, CA 91302. #799. Black and white photograph, 10 x 8 in.