Ruins of the San Fernando Mission. The Mission was founded on September 8, 1797, by Father Fermin Lasuen, who followed the footsteps of Father JunÃpero Serra. It was the seventeenth in a succession of twenty-one missions established in the state. The Mission is located at 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd., Mission Hills, CA 91345. Phone: (818) 361-0186. Donor: J. B. Gulbranson. Black and white photograph, 10 x 8 in.