Front view of the two story clapboard building located at 36 E. Orange Grove Avenue. The hotel was built in 1876 for the railroad workers, so they would have a place to stay while the railroad was being built. In 1903 the hotel was completely rebuilt and sometime between 1957 and 1969, the hotel was renamed The Senate Hotel. In June of 1969 the owners of the hotel, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Madsen, had the hotel demolished to make way for the new home of the Swiss Dane Corporation, a sheet metal contracting firm. For a photograph of the hotel taken in 1910, see BUR122. Donor: Mrs. Lo Piccolo. 4 x 4 in. color photograph.