A plaque honoring the site of San Rafael Rancho, the Verdugo Adobe and the site of General Andres Pico's camp site before he surrendered to General J. C. Fremont in 1847. The marker was placed by the Native Daughters of the Golden West California, Parlor No. 247 on September 28, 1947. The Adobe was built in 1860 by Teodoro Verdugo, not in 1828 as the plaque states. Black and white photograph, 5 x 7 in.