San Fernando Valley History Digital Library
California State University Northridge

Oviatt Library

Dedication of "Welcome to Arleta" sign sponsored by the Arleta Chamber of Commerce, 1994

Andres Pico Adobe after restoration, 1932.

San Fernando

An incorporated city in the northeastern San Fernando Valley between Pacoima and Sylmar. The name derives from the San Fernando Mission established in 1797 by Father Fernim Lasuen. It incorporated August 31, 1911.

Display San Fernando images with descriptions


18111 Nordhoff St. Northridge CA 91330 (818) 677-2285